Terms and Conditions:
Every effort will be made to reschedule the cancellation. A fee of £25 will be charged if the driving lesson is cancelled by the student 48 hours before the booking. The full lesson fee will be charged if the student cancels 24 hours before the lesson. A positive COVID test will not incur any charges.
1. INSURANCE: All fees include pupil cover whilst driving the School vehicle, (provided the pupil is licensed to drive), and is accompanied by, or under the direction of a Driving Standards Agency A.D.I (Car) . A fee will be applied for use of the car for the driving test.
2. FEES: The school currently charges £37.50 for lessons (subject to days/package). All hourly driving lessons are subject to a minimum 2 working days (48 hours) notice for any cancellations. The School retains the right to charge a full tuition fee if the above notice is not given.
3. PAYMENTS: We accept payment by either Cash,Cheque or PayPal (supported by a cheque guarantee card) no cheques will be accepted from persons under 18 years old. Pre-payment lessons are accepted on the understanding no refunds will be given.
4. APPOINTMENTS: i) While every care will be taken to ensure Pupils receive training at the requested time, all bookings are made on the understanding that the School is not responsible for the postponement of training due to traffic conditions, adverse weather conditions, mechanical breakdown of equipment or any other cause outside of our control. ii) If in the view of the Instructor, the pupil is unfit to carry out the lesson safely, due to self-induced circumstances (e.g. Alcohol or Drugs) a cancellation charge will apply.
5. BOOKS AND TRAINING MATERIAL: All question papers, hand outs, books, C.D. ROMs and relevant materials remain the property of the Driving School. (If not returned on request a fee will be charged).
6. THE DRIVING TEST: The school reserves the right to withhold the training vehicle, if in the Instructors opinion, the pupil does not reach the required standard. The school cannot be held responsible for Test Appointments being postponed or cancelled by the Driving Standards Agency. Furthermore we are not responsible for any failure of light bulbs etc during the Practical test. All bulbs/lights etc will be checked at the test centre prior to the test, with the candidate. A fee of £8.50 will be charged if we book or alter your driving test on your behalf. If we book a practical test on a pupils behalf and do not receive payment, the test can be cancelled by us at any time.
7. PERSONAL PROPERTY: The school accepts no liability for personal property that is left in any training vehicle.
8. MOBILE PHONES: All pupils should ensure that these are switched off, prior to entering the tuition vehicle, for safety reasons. Due to recent changes in the law your Instructor will not use a mobile phone whilst the vehicle is moving on a driving lesson.
9. WEATHER: The school has the right to charge the full tuition fee / test fee if lessons / tests are cancelled due to adverse weather conditions. PRIVACY STATEMENT We believe that your privacy is important.
10. Intensive courses must start within 6 months of purchase
11. Once a deposit / full payment has been received then you the pupil have agreed to our terms and conditions, the pupil has a period of 6 months to complete the course from the date of deposit / full payment is purchased, should we not hear from the pupil for a period of 6 months (e.g if you have lost interest, decided not to go ahead with the course, the course is not for you, changed your mind about learning to drive with us, etc…..) then the deposit / full payment is forfeited and any test fees lost, Cooling off period:
Once a course deposit or full payment is paid, you the pupil have agreed to www.daviddriving.co.uk terms and conditions, you have a period of 14 days from the day after the payment date in which you are entitled to request a refund, however, you waive the right to the 14-day cooling-off period if you have booked a course to start within this period, meaning that lessons will be arranged within this period and tests that need booking will also likely to be in this period. You have the choice to book for a later date to give yourself 14 days to think about it, but if you choose to start within the next 14 days, you have entered the contract early which means we are entitled to refuse any refund.
You have 14 days from first booking to request a refund, any time after 14 days becomes non refundable (if you start/book the course in before the 14 day cooling off period then the course payment becomes non-refundable).
**Any refunds that are due will be refunded back on to the card where the payment was made from, alternatively a cheque will be posted out to the person named on the payment order, no other ways of refunds will be processed**
Your personal information which we receive from our site is securely processed and used for our mutual business only. In addition to this, as laid down by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we follow strict security procedures relating to the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorised access. We never release or sell your details to any third party.